Outcome 25 – Update – Over the hump!
UPDATE | Fall 2020
We will work with alumni and donors to create opportunities for mutual benefit that enhance the student experience.
Sponsor: Chief Advancement Officer
Lead: Chief Advancement Officer
University Advancement (UA) has raised $5,892,482.60 in NEW pledges and gifts, and has received a total of $9,807,275.04 in payments from new and existing pledges. During this period, UA has had more than 6,000 contacts with alumni, donors and other external stakeholders.
COVID19 Student Emergency Relief Fund:
- Raised $105,372.17 in donations from 204 donors which helped more than 300 students.
Supporting Experiential Learning:
- Major gift announcements have been made by RBC, IAMGOLD, Hard-Line, and Caisse Desjardins to support a variety of student learning initiatives. In addition, 17 alumni and friends have committed to supporting and/or offering work-integrated learning opportunities to our students.
Supporting Student Research and Exchange Opportunities:
- Significant contributions from the United Steel Workers of America to support our Centre for Research on Occupational Safety and Health (CROSH) and their mobile lab (M-CROSH).
- TPEI Accounting have created a scholarship for Laurentian students from China, or domestic LU students wishing to study at Zhejiang University of Finance & Economics (ZUFE) in Hangzhou, China.
Alumni and Friends Engagement and Events:
- Supporting the Laurentian University Alumni Association’s (LUAA) strategic plan, the advancement office successfully wrapped up the 1 million hours of volunteerism initiative, the launch of 10,000 Coffees, and its highly successful annual Exam Wishes. In addition, Monthly Book Club gatherings were hosted, and an Experiential Learning Day with Dave Wilkin from Ten Thousand Coffees. A number of events hosted through 10,000 Coffees included a chat with the President, the Summer Employment Booth, and the completion of the Million Hours Mural with students in the atrium. The team has also has hosted a number of events for alumni, donors and friends including luncheons, ThankView videos, speaker series presentations, the regular call campaigns to raise donations and Stewardship Week activities recognizing its donors, and convocation celebrations to welcome new graduates into the alumni family.
- The work toward success in this Outcome is naturally accomplished through the mandate of the LUAA and the Advancement team.