Outcome 24 – Update – In full swing!
UPDATE | Fall 2020
We will recognize staff and faculty for their local, national, and international contributions and accomplishments, resulting in increased employee engagement.
Sponsor: Vice-President, Administration
Lead: Associate Vice-President, Human Resources and Organizational Development (HROD)
Staff and faculty of Laurentian University are continually accomplishing incredible things. Recognizing these accomplishments is something the University and fellow colleagues seek to do each and every day.
- The “Have Your Say” (HYS) Advisory Committee made suggestions to the Executive Team of organizational drivers and on proposed areas of focus.
- LU Rendez-vous, an annual event to recognize Laurentian Federation employees, recognized members of the LU community for their years of service (January 24, 2019: 64 recipients with years of service and 16 retirees / January 23, 2020: 86 recipients with years of service and 14 retirees)
- The 2019 All Employee Symposium took place on May 8/2019 and focused on health and wellness.
- Continued Teaching and Research Excellence Awards.
- Increased efforts to nominate faculty for provincial, national and international awards, such as MCU’s Minister’s Excellence Awards and OCUFA Teaching Award.
- Introduction of “Kudos” section in President’s Senate and Board of Governors Reports.
- Frequent reporting of good news stories regarding the accomplishments of staff, faculty and students to the media amongst a total of 118 news stories from Laurentian since January 2018.
- Hello 2019! Event to welcome back (and new) staff and faculty – August 28, 2019; the event was repeated in September 2020.
- HROD is considering ways to add employee service recognition for employees at 5 and 10 years of service.
- HROD is exploring implementing an employee driven/self-serve recognition program.