Outcome 20 – Update – In full swing!
UPDATE | Fall 2020
We will be leaders in sustainable community development because of our contributions to social innovation and policy research.
Sponsor: Vice-President, Research
Lead: Manager, Innovation & Commercialization
The work of this Outcome addresses social innovation and policy research.
- A working group has been established and met to confirm and has agreed that “sustainable community development” includes economic, environmental, health and wellbeing, and cultural development.
- The working group is creating an inventory of research expertise at Laurentian in the areas of social, economic, decarbonisation and restorative architecture and working to identify a mechanism to share knowledge and demonstrate impact with society and our community.
- A “Research Impact Institutional Healthcheck” workshop was held virtually in June 2020 with members of the Laurentian University community and Research Impact Canada (a pan-Canadian network of universities committed to maximizing the impact of academic research for the public good in local and global communities).
- Participants included members of the Research, Development and Creativity Council, the Research Coordination Group, Senate approved Research Centres and Institutes, the Office of Research Services, and Outcome 20.
- Reconvene the working group and continue exploring the development of an inventory of research expertise at Laurentian University.