Outcome 17 – Update – In full swing!
UPDATE | Fall 2020
We will continue to build our fundamental research base by recruiting four new research chairs that push the boundaries of basic research to increase knowledge.
Sponsor: Vice-President, Research
Lead: Director, Office of Research Services; Director, Strategic Research Initiatives
The work of the Office of Research Services and Vice-President Research has been focused on this Outcome in their everyday work.
- A revised equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) action plan for the Canada Research Chair (CRC) program is under development and will inform a revised policy for recruitment and retention of future Canada Research Chairs.
- Laurentian is in the process of recruiting three new Canada Research Chairs, one in Clean Water Technologies, one in Astroparticle Physics, and one in Metallogeny.
- A plan is also being developed for a Laurentian University Chairs program. The program will include Laurentian Chairs, Industrial Chairs and a process to fund Chairs through philanthropy. The draft plan will go out to the Laurentian community for consultation in the Fall of 2020.
- Implementation of the revised EDI action plan for the CRC program and policy for the recruitment and retention of future CRCs.
- Complete recruitment of three new CRCs.
- Conduct community consultation on draft Laurentian Chair’s Program prior to further refinement, approval and implementation.