Outcome 14 – Update – In full swing!
UPDATE | Fall 2020
We will be a national leader in Indigenous education because of expanded Indigenous curriculum offerings across all faculties.
Sponsor: Provost and Vice-President Academic
Lead: Interim Associate Vice-President, Academic and Indigenous Programs
Work on this Outcome is part of Laurentian University’s core mandate and is deeply tied to the work of Outcome 21.
- Indigenous content courses have been established in the Faculty of Arts, Health, Education and in the McEwen School of Architecture.
- LU Teaching Fellow (Indigenous) has completed their term to work with faculty in embedding Indigenous content in their courses.
- Ongoing workshops have been conducted for faculty on: – Supporting Indigenous students
- Exploring Indigenous resources at Laurentian University
- At the onset of this strategic plan, a partnership agreement with Collège Boréal and Cambrian College was formed to support Indigenous student recruitment and create online modules regarding Indigenous approaches to teaching; $65,368 allocated to the developmental of these modules and $84,632 allocated to the creation of marketing tools and resources; funded by MCU.
- Analysis of overall Indigenous curriculum course offerings in faculties and explore processes for maintained integrity and quality assurance.
- Continued acknowledgment of Outcome 21 work that relates to this Outcome.