Outcome 11 – Update – Almost there!
UPDATE | Fall 2020
Laurentian students will benefit from enhanced services and infrastructure that support writing and information literacy, advising, academic planning, administrative services, and progress tracking.
Sponsor: Provost and Vice-President Academic
Lead: Registrar; Associate Vice-President, Information Technology; Associate Vice-President, Learning and Teaching; Manager, Student Awards, Fees and MyLaurentian Hub; University Librarian
Efforts are being focused in 4 key areas for this Outcome and have been essential to the success of our students since 2018.
- IT and Library support through the new Learning Commons launched.
- Considerable updates ongoing to the English and French Online Research Skills Tutorials ongoing through Virtual Backpack.
Student Planning Project:
- New Self-Service platform launched.
- Student Planning module (phase 1) launched.
Improved Student Administrative Services:
- New parking interface, saving parking transaction time by 50%.
- Additions to the myLaurentian Hub website.
- New online student services management shared between multiple departments and new online booking for student services appointments through my Laurentian portal.
- New financial aid hotline service.
Improved Academic Support Services:
- Newly created intensive condensed format of ACEX1006 (Understanding, Learning and Inquiry).
- Expansion of transition and engagement programming.
- Continued focus of the above to ensure progress continuum.
- Online fee appeals and honorable withdrawal requests.