Outcome 6 – Update – In full swing!
UPDATE | Fall 2020
Laurentian students in all faculties will benefit from enhanced leadership development and experiential learning across the institution, in community and industry settings, as we will double the number of work and experiential learning opportunities.
Sponsor: Provost and Vice-President Academic
Lead: Associate Vice-President, Learning and Teaching
The scope of work toward this Outcome includes establishing and verifying the baseline of for-credit experiential learning opportunities, securing external funding, considering better ways to manage experiential learning and building on previous work developed by the Centre for Academic Excellence (CAE) and Institutional Planning.
- RBC Future Launch funding secured.
- Experiential Learning (EL) platform (Outcome) launched – including a Career module, Co-curricular module and a Co-op module (launched internally).
- Experiential Learning platform, Riipen, launched to select program areas.
- EL advisory committee established.
- The Experiential Learning working group will be established and the advisory committee will continue to work with stakeholders as part of the scope of this Outcome.
- Promotion of the EL platform, Outcome, as well as launch of the co-curricular module